Oct 12, 2016

Like a fool

"Do you love him?" they asked me. "No," I answered.

I always say no to that kind of question.

But I find pages of my books are full of the poem about you.
I got my self think about you in the middle of a love song.
I smile when your name pops up on my phone screen.
I can feel butterflies burst out of my stomach as we spend time together.
I didn't find your jokes funny but I was happy to see you laugh.
I get anxious when I see your face tired, wondering what has happened to you.
I feel something cracked inside knowing you treat someone better than the way you treat me.

I should have walked away as I realized that you treat me as a choice and you take me for granted.
I should've grown myself apart from you since you never come to hold me during my bad times.
I should've known that you might not give a glance at me because you're busy with your perfect life, or worst, you're busy falling in love with her.
I should've stopped as I see your heart blooms for someone else.

I have that choice, to stay or to run.
But in spite of all those sinking feelings, I choose to stay.

"...and I have loved you like a fool"

No comments:

Post a Comment